Spring sports preview

Bella Taylor, Student Life/News

As winter slowly ends, spring sports are up and coming. Here is a preview and some additional information about the upcoming sports available for the spring season. 

To kick off this preview of the upcoming season, the spring sports Peninsula has to offer to include Fastpitch, Baseball, Boys’ Soccer, Girls’ Tennis, Boys’ and Girls’ Golf, Girls’ Lacrosse, Track and Field, Girls’ Water Polo, and finally Unified Soccer. All of these sports will start on February 27th, with registration opening just before our second semester on January 27th (ONLY ON FAMILY ID) and will be closed from February 24th to February 27th (at 8 am) for clearing. Make sure to register in time! Peninsula uses Family ID to register students currently; click this link to register!

There are specific requirements for sports. You must have an up-to-date sports physical that will last throughout the season and state tournament, and ALL fees and fines need to be cleared with the bookkeeper. To check if you have any penalties or fees, ask the bookkeeper or check your student portal. 

Peninsula High School believes that sports and activities promote sportsmanship and citizenship. The athletic/activity programs instill pride in the school and the community, teach lessons for life and self-discipline, and develop students physically and emotionally. Activities/athletics are an extension of a solid educational program. Research shows that students who participate in activities/athletics tend to maintain higher grade point averages, better attendance, and fewer discipline problems.

If this article doesn’t answer your questions, we have a fabulous athletic staff to help you out. You can email our athletic director Mr. Filkins or our outstanding athletic secretary Ms.Wehmier if you have any further questions about our athletics here at Peninsula.

With our Fall semester ending, Peninsula welcomes the fresh, new spring semester with a fantastic selection of springtime sports.