Peninsula Outlook

• April 2I bought the worlds worst thesaurus today. Not only is it terrible, it's terrible.

• March 28I'm only friends with 25 letters of the alphabet. I don't know Y.

Winter Sports Recap

Roman Bockhorn, Reporter

As the first signs of spring begin to show itself in Western Washington, it brings with it the close of the winter sports season at Peninsula High School. These few months were exciting. The Peninsula sports teams listed below all had exciting seasons and are looking forward to next winters campaign.

Boys Basketball

This year the boys basketball team had a tough go around. In a rebuilding year with the loss of 7 senior players the boys team posted a league record of 3-11 and overall record of 6-14. Even with all the bumps this years team found a way to keep pushing and give each and every game their all regardless of the outcome. When interviewing senior guard Dane Jackson he described the season as, “Something special.”

Girls Basketball

In Portland State signee Belle Fraziers senior campaign the girls basketball team finished out the regular season first place (13-1 league record) in the south sound conference and finishing second in the West Central District Regional tournament. The girls team also received the #5 seed going into the state tournament at the Tacoma Dome while rival and last year’s state champion, Gig Harbor was eliminated in the first round of state. Unfortunately in the first round of the WIAA State Tournament our girls team faced a skilled Roosevelt team and were eliminated by a final score of 60-56. This girls team had an incredible season and are looking forward to building into next year to hopefully capture a state title. When asking senior guard Belle Frazier how she felt about this season she said, “It was incredible, being in the dome my senior year was amazing.”

Boys Wrestling

Wrestling had a rather exciting winter season as they sent 11 wrestlers to the Mat Classic at the Tacoma Dome. Out of those 11 Nathan Johnson and Nolan and Isaac Casey were the standouts. Both Nathan and Nolan finished 3rd place in their respective class while Isaac Casey capped of his senior wrestling season with a 2nd place state finish. Overall, this wrestling season was a huge success and the returning wrestlers look to build into next year.

Cheerleading

The girls cheer team had an outstanding winter season with many new routines along with a first place finish in state. They were always there to support every sport throughout the winter season. The cheer team is excited for the 2019-2020 season and is looking forward to another state championship.

Girls Bowling

This winter the girls bowling team experienced a very fun yet very accomplishing season. Although the girls finished with an overall record of 1-13 it was a learning season and along the way they were able to pick up a few tips and tricks along the way. They are very excited for next season and are ready to compete.