Spooktacular Halloween

Kailyn Lowe, Reporter

Halloween is fast-approaching and thoughts of assorted candy and pumpkin spice lattes are in the air. Some students at PHS think Halloween fun has become a thing of the past, others feel there is no age limit to spooky traditions. Senior Kenai Renee believes there should be an age limit for trick-or-treating, however; Renee also believes that dressing in costumes and hanging out with friends never gets old.

“There is not an age where you should stop dressing up. I think there is an age where you should definitely stop going out and trick-or-treating” Renee said. In lieu of trick-or-treating, eleventh grader, Curtis Staples, has another idea in mind for the upcoming holiday.

“This year for Halloween, I am hoping to volunteer at a couple of events,” Staples said. Others have differing opinions in mind, such as where to go and what to do. Ninth grader Adrian Larson likes taking advantage of the one day a year when it is socially acceptable to wear a costume.

“My favorite part about dressing up, is you get to do something that you don’t get to do every day,” says Larson.

All in all, whether it is haunted hayrides or late-night scary movie sessions; there seems to be a little Halloween spirit left in everyone.