Fall Sports Post Season – 2022

Grace Nesbit, sports

Football

Football boys fought hard this season with an overall record of 8-3.  They did continue the post season and won their first playoff game on November 4th against Arlington High School with a score of 35-29.  Unfortunately, they lost the second game versus O’Dea High School on November 11,  that score was 42-28.  With that loss it took them out of the running for State.  Good Season, Boys! 

Volleyball

Volleyball killed it this season finishing with conference games and having an overall record of 18-2.  In their postseason they crushed it taking home 4 wins.  On Friday, November 11 they beat Central Kitsap 3-0, and Kelso High School 3-0.  The following day, November 12, they beat both Prairie High School 3-0, and Gig Harbor 3-1.  They headed to State Wednesday morning! 

Boys Water Polo

Boys Water Polo finished the season with only 2 losses, both to Gig Harbor.  However they moved onto Division 2 Championships, where they placed 4th, but did not qualify for state. 

Girls Swim and Dive

Going to districts was the 400 free relay and then individually was Brogan Braaten (senior) in the 100 backstroke and 200 IM, Rianne Dooley (senior) in the 100 butterfly, Abi Oliver (senior), Olivia Christensen (junior) in the 500 freestyle, Reis Every (sophomore)  in the 100 freestyle, Kate Henkel (sophomore) in the 100 backstroke and 200 freestyle and Makenna Post (junior) for diving.  Makenna was the overall district champion for diving! Moving onto state was just Brogan Braaten and Makena Post. Makenna placed 4th for Diving in the State!

Girls Soccer

Girls Soccer went all the way this season and placed 2nd in Districts and made it in the top 8 at State. This is the furthest they have gone since 1985.  In the process they tied with Gig Harbor twice and beat them once.  Well done, ladies!