Peninsula Sports Update

Daniel Shurr, Sports Writer

Monday, December 2nd: It’s officially basketball Season at Peninsula High School. The Varsity Girl’s basketball team tipped off their season at Curtis High School. Last year the girl’s team made it deep in the playoffs and put in an appearance at the Tacoma Dome for the state tournament. But the team lost a handful of seniors, that lead their team to State, and now the class of 2020 will have to step up and lead their team this Season.  As for their game against Curtis High School, the Seahawks fell in their first out of conference game, 62-43. It was good for the team to play their first game, and it was a chance for the team to get back in the swing of the season. The Girls will play at Shelton on Wednesday the 11th, in hopes to grab a win early in the year, the game starts at 7:00 PM.

Monday, December 2nd: JV Girl’s Basketball played in their first game this year. The girls fought hard, but unfortunately lost away at Curtis 43-37. A good attempt for JV, and they will have a strong season ahead. JV will join Varsity in their trip to Shelton and play at 5:15 PM.

Monday, December 2nd: C-team Girl’s basketball started their year at Curtis High School, with a 32-6 loss. That’s a tough way to start the year, but the team will play at Shelton at 5:30 PM.

Wednesday, December 4th: Varsity Boy’s Basketball started their season on the road against the Olympic High School Trojans. OHS is a 2A Highschool, and is in the Olympic Western Conference. The Seahawks fought hard, but the Trojans fought harder, defending their home court 65-53. This first game is for playoff seeding only, and the Boys will look to rebound (pun intended) against the North Kitsap Vikings, at home on the 6th. Tip off at 7PM.

Wednesday, December 4th: JV Boy’s Basketball played Olympic High School, it was the first game of the year, and so far, the best game of the year. Peninsula snuck by OHS winning the game 45-41. They will play at home for the first time, against North Kitsap.

Wednesday, December 4th: C-team Boy’s Basketball played Olympic High School, and were able to grab their first win of the season, 31-26. It was a tight game, but the Hawks escaped with a win. There is a ton of hope for this C-team. Let’s see if they can win again, this time at home against the North Kitsap Vikings at 4:30PM.

Thursday, December 5th: The Boy’s Swim and dive season kicked off with a home match against the Shelton Highclimbers. The boys swam hard, and got their first win in their first match, breezing past Shelton 123-60. The team will head to the state’s capital to play against the Capital Cougars, Thursday December 12that 3:30. 

Friday, December 6th: Varsity Boy’s Basketball had their first home game of the year against a powerful North Kitsap team. North Kitsap is projected to make a deep run in the 2A state playoffs, and now the city of Purdy understands why. The Seahawks were blown away at home, 84-34, against the NK Vikings. They will be at home again for their next game which December 10th at 6PM against Union High School. 

Friday, December 6th: JV Boy’s Basketball hosted North Kitsap and lost a tough one, 42-57. They will stay home to face Union High School on the 10th, tip off is at 4:30 PM 

Friday, December 6th: C-team Boy’s played the North Kitsap Vikings, and were able to snag another win on the year. Their next game is also on the 10th against Union, at 4:30PM

All stats and scores are according to: http://www.sscathletics.org/ and https://www.maxpreps.com/