Peninsula Outlook

• April 2I bought the worlds worst thesaurus today. Not only is it terrible, it's terrible.

• March 28I'm only friends with 25 letters of the alphabet. I don't know Y.

Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usdagov/21848251428
Football on a field

Shawn Leonard, Reporter

The Peninsula High School football team has always held a high standard in the state of Washington, with 5 quarter final appearances in the last 6 years. This is not only because of the coaches have set a strong team culture, but because of the players that are on the team. The players were asked to tell the Peninsula Outlook team some interesting aspects about their personal life and about football.

Jude Endsley Interview:

Jude Endsley

Jude Endsley is a junior cornerback and wide receiver for the Peninsula Seahawks. People around the school know him as a great guy and an even better teammate. He has been playing for 6 years and started playing football because his family friends told him it would be fun, and it has stuck with him ever since. When asked what 11 as 1 meant to him, he said “it means putting everything out on the field and everybody trusting in each other to have their back.” His expectations for the team this year are to win 1 game a week and to win the national championship. According to Endsley, some of the team strengths are pancaking, communication and playing relentless no matter the situation. He also makes sure to have a healthy diet throughout the week and to stay hydrated as well. Selective eating is a major key for him so that he can increase his energy and make sure his body keeps up with all of the physical pressure it’s continually put through.

AJ Campbell Interview:

AJ Campbell

AJ Campbell, a junior defensive and offensive lineman, is a player who plays with passion and has a love for the game. He has played football for nearly half of his life, playing 8 years. Campbell’s favorite thing about playing at Peninsula is that the team always shows grit and grind through adversity. He doesn’t have many pregame traditions, but the one thing he always does to get his mind right on gameday is listen to heavy metal music. His inspiration when he steps on the football field is Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher because “they just show raw emotion and have so much aggression.”

Caden Gallacher Interview:

Caden Gallacher

Caden Gallacher is a freshman defensive back at Peninsula.  He got into football because all of his friends started playing so he joined in with them. This is his 4th year playing. Being a freshman at a brand new school, it can be tough to interlock with the other students, but Gallacher is fitting in well with the team culture at Peninsula. He said that playing at Peninsula is different from PYF because there’s more people but it’s more fun than PYF. He also said that it’s more serious and there’s less people joking around. When asked what the C-Team’s biggest strengths were, he said “Our run game is one of our strengths along with our offensive and defensive line. Our receivers are pretty good as well.” On gameday, he likes to prepare himself with a peanut butter and honey sandwich and surround himself with other people and go over his plays.

Shawn Leonard, Reporter

Shawn Leonard chose to take Outlook, because he wanted to be in a fun class with his friends. If he could interview anyone, he would interview Michael...

1 Comment

One Response to “Peninsula Football Player Spotlight”

1. Crystal marr on November 14th, 2018 8:27 pm

I an proud of my son A j Campbell for his grades and team player quality

Please keep your comments appropriate. This is a school newspaper website. Thanks!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Seattle Sounders in a Slump

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Check out The Paddler’s Cup

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

WTL: What The League?

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

PHS Swim and Dive Chips Off the Old Blocks

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Boy’s Basketball is Stronger than Ever

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Frazier’s Got her Head in the Game

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Boys Swim and Dive

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Levenseller: Former Football Player Now Focuses on Coaching and Teaching

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

PHS Swim Captain Glides into Teammates’ Hearts

• Peninsula Football Player Spotlight

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Buys Back In It

The student news site of Peninsula High School.
Peninsula Football Player Spotlight