The student news site of Peninsula High School

Peninsula Outlook

• April 5Two gold fish are in a tank. One looks at the other and says, "You know how to drive this thing?!?"

• January 19My grandfather had the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the Cincinnati Zoo

• January 18What happens to a frog's car when it breaks down? It gets toad away

Homecoming Week 2017

Audrey Lauer, Managing Editor

What are the seasons of a Seahawk? Do we fall into conformity, or spring into fads? No. We are a community of characters that fit together to create a unique environment that welcomes every student. Not only do we excel in building an accepting atmosphere, but we also generate an incredible Homecoming celebration. With the dedication and creativity that pours from our leadership team, the week of October 2nd will be one to remember. With hallway decorating kicking things off on October 1st, our school will spend homecoming covered with the artistic vision of each class. The senior class will be transforming the main hallway into a relaxing autumn walk while the juniors disguise the 400’s hallway as a winter wonderland. The sophomores are turning April showers into May flowers in the 100’s hallway while the Freshmen soak up the summer sun in the 200’s hallway. Our building will be coated in color but the spirit won’t end there. While the walls display the nature of each class, the students will navigate the week dressed in spirit gear. Be prepared for Pajama Day on Monday the 2nd of October, and Pink-Out for our Breast Cancer Awareness events Tuesday. Wednesday is Seattle Day and calls for jerseys and extreme rain gear, and Thursday calls for red, white and blue. Finally, as is tradition, Friday has been reserved for PHS spirit. The school week will be unbelievable but it won’t compare to the dance Saturday night. Students have said that this event is both “Wild” (Sarah Nicholson) and “Classy” (Vienna Clark). The 2017 Homecoming will surely out match these past ratings and is an event no seahawk will want to miss.